“I have come a long way”: Tanner Cole, Sports Editor

The struggle to meet deadlines never ends, but high school does

I struggle to wrap my head around it.

I have a single digit amount of remaining days left of high school, yet it feels like yesterday I was fast-walking up the hill to get into school and in between classes because I had a fear of being the last student in the classroom. Though, I have come a long way for turning assignments in. Freshman year, I would turn in assignments about a day before they were due and would never turn in something late, except the occasional late.

Now, I am able to turn in assignments right before they are due. Mr. Pietrofitta posts an assignment due at 8:30 AM; it gets turned in at 8:29 AM. Sherm makes a senior send off a writing piece due; I do not do it until she yells at me in the hallway. I have come a long way.

Now to give the paper some love because I am supposed to. The Holly Spirit, despite my obvious senioritis, has opened a whole new interest for me. I would have never thought in my freshman year that when I was upset about Philly sports, I could write about how I felt about it. I hated writing, and still do, but being able to write something that you are passionate about is indescribable.

Being able to write something that you are passionate about is indescribable.

Big ups to Sherm, who, in junior English, became a teacher that I had liked, which “Tanner-Cole-liking-an-English-teacher” is rare. I hope all the underclassmen are themselves, and that is all. Hopefully, being yourself is being a good person and being yourself will be able to be happy. Thank you Sherm, thank you RV.

The Holly Spirit • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Holly Spirit
$400
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Holly Spirit Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *