Red Devils Week in Review: April 6-15

The Red Devils struggled to begin the week but ended strong

Aaron Rigby and Jalen Prilo

Friday, April 8

Boys Lacrosse @ Delran

RV’s boys lacrosse team suffered a three-point loss to Delran with a final score of 10-7. According to NJ.com, Senior Cole Jorgensen led the Red Devils in scoring with four goals and one assist, giving him five points total in the game. 

Boys Tennis vs. Delran

RV’s boys tennis team hosted Delran in a game which they lost 4-1.  The only player to score for the Red Devils was senior Dayton Tenn, who won the first singles 10-5. 

Boys Volleyball vs. Moorestown

RV’s boys volleyball team defeated Moorestown on home turf 2-1. Senior Tanner Sims led the team in Assists with 14, followed by senior Jardin Cuffey, who had 13 assists.  Freshman John Frombach led the team in blocks with three.  Junior Dominic Delgado led the team with seven kills.  

Saturday, April 9

Moorestown Track Invitational

A number of students on the Boys Track team PR’d at the invitational on April 9, including sophomore David Godbolt who tied his PR by six feet.

Softball vs. Vineland

RV’s softball team hosted Vineland in a nail-biter in which the Red Devils came out victorious. Junior Monroe-Alexis Willis led the team in runs with three. 

Sophomore David Godbolt after the Moorestown meet (Photo courtesy of Twitter)

Girls Lacrosse vs. Hunterdon Central

RV’s girls lacrosse team suffered a four point home loss to Hunterdon Central 12-8.  Sophomore Olivia Ruminiski led the team with three goals.  

Baseball vs. Delran

RV’s baseball team hosted Delran in a 5-1 loss.  Junior Galvin Gilmore was the only player to have a run. Shane Elliott, Gavin Gilmore, and Jase Deiter were the only players to have hits, all having one.

Softball @ Washington Township

In their second match of the day, RV’s softball team traveled to Washington Township, where they captured their second win of the day 5-1. Junior Stephanie Kraska led the team with two runs and three hits.  

Sunday, April 10

Softball vs. Cherokee

RV’s softball team lost to Cherokee on their home turf 7-4. Junior Monroe-Alexis Willis led the team with two runs and two hits.  

Junior Monroe Willis hits a home run against Cherokee on April 10. (Photo courtesy of Twitter)

Monday April 11

Boys Golf vs. Moorestown 

RV’s boys golf team hosted Moorestown in a close match which they unfortunately lost 169-165.  Junior Matt Normand led the Red Devils with a team low score of 39. 

Boys Golf vs. Northern Burlington

RV’s golf team played their second home game of the day against Northern Burlington and captured their first win of the day, winning the match 169-192. Matt Normand again led the team with 39 points.  

Boys Lacrosse @ Northern Burlington

RV’s boys lacrosse team traveled to play in a tough one-point loss against Northern Burlington, in a game that concluded with a final score of 11-10. Senior Cole Jorgensen led the team with three goals and one assist, tallying him up to four total points.  

Girls Lacrosse @ Burlington City 

RV’s girls lacrosse team absolutely obliterated Burlington City in a 16 point victory with a final score of 17-1. Senior Madeline Kovacs and junior Olivia Sweeney led the team with three goals each.  

Softball @ Moorestown 

RV’s softball team traveled to Moorestown and suffered a 5-3 loss. Junior Sydney Wright led the Red Devils with 2 runs.  

Boys Tennis vs West Deptford 

RV’s boys tennis team hosted a match against West Deptford, in which they lost 4-1. Sophomore RJ Lockshine and Junior David Wiser won the first set of doubles 12-5. 

Baseball @ Moorestown 

RV’s baseball team traveled to Moorestown to play a game in which they ended up losing 7-1.  Senior Payton May led the team in runs with one, and Junior Gavin Gilmore led the team with three runs.  

Boys Volleyball vs. Hopewell Valley

RV’s boys volleyball team hosted Hopewell Valley in a match that they won 2-1. Senior Luke Hofmann led the team with 6 kills.  Jardin Cuffey and Paul Zazzo led the team in blocks with 2 each. Tanner Sims and Jardin Cuffey led the team in steals with 7 steals each.  

Tuesday, April 12

Boys Volleyball @ Pennsauken

RV’s boys volleyball team traveled to Pensauken and defeated them 2-1. 

Wednesday, April 13

Boys Lacrosse @ New Egypt

RV’s boys lacrosse team traveled to New Egypt to destroy them in a 15-1 victory. Freshman Brian Flanders led the team with six goals.  

Boys Tennis @ Pemberton

RV’s boys tennis team traveled to Pemberton to defeat them on the road 4-1. Sophomore Evin Sharockman defeated his opponent Zachary Senski 6-0 in 2nd singles to get the ball rolling for the Red Devils. 

Girls Lacrosse vs. Cinnaminson 

RV’s girls lacrosse team drove to CInnaminson where they captured another victory 8-5. Junior Oliva Sweeney led the team with three goals. 

Softball @ Cinnaminson

RV’s softball team stopped Cinnaminson from seeking revenge for their girls lacrosse team after defeating them 6-5. Emily Wyzykowski and Julianna Pall led the team in runs with two each. Junior Stephanie Kraska led the team with three hits.  

Baseball @ Bordentown

RV’s baseball team took a trip to Bordentown where they suffered a grueling 13-3 loss.  Sophomore Angel Rodriguez led the team in hits with two. 

Boys Volleyball @ West Windsor-Plainsboro North

RV;s boys volleyball team drove to West Windsor where they took a beating and lost 2-0.

Friday, April 15

Girls Lacrosse va. Delran

RV’s girls lacrosse team took advantage of having home turf and defeated Delran 14-5. Senior Elaina Corson led the team in goals with 6 of her own, and Senior Madeline Kovacs led the Red Devils in assists.