Red Devils Week in Review: May 2 – May 7 

A mix of wins and tough losses for the Red Devils

Adrienne Austin, Sports Writer

Monday, May 2

Baseball @ Camden Catholic

The boys had a successful game against Camden Catholic. The game ended in a 17-6 win. Additionally, the game consisted of two home runs: one by junior Gavin Gilmore, and the other by junior Trevor Myers. 

Boys Lacrosse @ Cinnaminson

RV’s boys lacrosse team dominated their game against Cinnaminson, winning 12-2. Leading goal scorers were junior David Myers and freshman Brian Flanders, each with 3 goals. Sophomore goalie Alex Guardino saved eight shots in the net. 

Softball @ Delsea

The girls had a close game against Delsea, losing 5-6. Although junior Sydney Wright was able to strike out seven players while pitching. 

Boys Tennis @ Kingsway

The boys tennis team faced a tough loss against Kingsway. The game ended with the score 0-5. 

Golf @ Northern Burlington

RVs golf team lost their match against Northern Burlington, 167-192. 

Tuesday, May 3

Girls Track vs. Burlington Township

The girls track team had another successful meet this season. They won their dual meet against Burlington Township 84 to 51. This meet marks a 5-0, undefeated dual meet season. That makes the team the 2022 BCSL Liberty Division Champions!

Boys Track vs. Burlington Township

The boys track team’s 90-49 win against Burlington Townships marks an undefeated record in their dual meet season. Additionally, they are now the 2022 BCSL Liberty Division Champions!

The RV Boys Track team after their meet on May 3 (Photo courtesy of Twitter)

Boys Volleyball @ Cinnaminson

RV’s boys volleyball team had a 2-1 win in a close game against Cinnaminson. 

Girls Lacrosse @ Allentown

The girls lacrosse team added another goal to their record, with a 7-4 win against Allentown. Four goals were scored by senior Elaina Corsen, and three were scored by senior Ella Ruminski. 

Boys Tennis vs. Moorestown

RV’s boy tennis team faced a tough opponent. Unfortunately, the game ended in a 0-5 loss. 

Wednesday, May 4

Baseball @ Northern Burlington

The baseball team had a close game against Northern Burlington. The game ended in a 3-4 loss. A notable accomplishment of the game was junior Gavin Gilmore’s home run. 

Boys Lacrosse @ Washington Township

The boys suffered an 11-7 loss against the tough competitors, Washington Township. Freshman Brian Flanders was the leading scorer for RV, scoring two goals. 

Softball @ Northern Burlington

The softball team had a tough loss against Northern Burlington. The game ended in a score of 2-9. 

Thursday, May 5

Boys Tennis vs. Moorestown Friends 

The boys tennis faced a 1-4 loss against Moorestown Friends. Senior Logan Burns had a singles win against the team. 

Girls Lacrosse @ Holy Cross

Another win was added to RV’s record as the girls lacrosse team won 19-3 over Holy Cross Prep. Seniors Elaina Corsen and Madeline Kovacs were the game’s leading goal scorers, with four goals each. Additionally, Kovas led in assists, having nine. 

Girls Track @ Delsea 

The girls track team was successful after competing at the South Jersey Elite Meet at Delsea High School. Top performer was Senior Anabella Chin, with a first place win in the 100m hurdles. Additionally, senior Jya Marshall placed 3rd in the 100m dash, sophomore Lauren Fadairo placed 3rd in the triple jump, and senior Mia Paolome placed 3rd in the Pole Vault. 

Senior Anabelle Chin as the SJTCA ELITE MEET 100 Hurdle Champion (Photo courtesy of Twitter)

Boys Track @ Delsea

At the South Jersey Elite Meet, many of RV’s boys ran personal records. According to @RV_Track on Twitter, “Junior Ryan Smith cracks the 4:30 barrier for the first time in the 1600 meters with his 4:28.91 run at the SJTCA Elite Meet…Andre Faigal drops a monster PR of 9:37.16 in the 3200 meter run at the SJTCA Elite Meet.” And lastly, “Devon Brooks continues his impressive junior season with a throw of 151’ in the discus.”

Friday, May 6

Boys Volleyball @ Hopewell Valley

The boy’s volleyball team had a close game against Hopewell Valley, unfortunately ending in a 1-2 loss. The team currently has a record of 8-6. 

Other events were cancelled due to weather.

Saturday, May 7

All athletic events cancelled due to weather.