“Do not hold back”: Jalen Prilo, Sports writer

My time here at Rancocas Valley has been a life changing experience, as I have seen changes in all areas around my life such as interests, new hobbies, and new friends.

Coming in as a freshman, I revolved my life around sports only, which limited my growth as an individual and shielded me from certain things. I soon began to branch out, joining my first club in my freshman year, then joining my next three clubs: No Place for Hate, Black Student Union and The Holly Spirit in my sophomore year and junior year. The countless number of friends and teachers along the way has made my four years a remembrance that will live on for the rest of my life. 

Becoming a member of the Holly Spirit has opened my eyes to different interests, allowing me to learn about new sports and talking to various classmates. In addition, being a staff writer has enhanced my writings and as a person going to college being able to write is important. So, to a person who is questioning whether to join, do not hold back. There is a section of the paper that suits everyone and their interests. 

As a senior, advice I would give to an incoming freshman would be to have great school spirit. Go to the dances, join sports teams, participate in clubs, and build relationships with teachers and friends. That will open doors to various opportunities around campus, which can benefit you within the classroom and outside of the classroom too. The fun will soon follow after partaking in school activities and before you know it, graduation time will be approaching. 

Along the way, I met teachers who have helped me in the classroom and guided me through areas of life outside of the classroom. To begin, I wanted to thank my English III teacher, Black Student Union advisor, Holly Spirit Adviser, and most supportive teacher, Mrs. Sherman. Secondly, I wanted to thank my Statistics teacher, Ms. Sommers. Lastly, I would like to thank my football coach & science teacher, Mrs. Haussman. With many other mentors that have played a major role in my time here at RV.

Finally, I want to tell my fellow classmates and friends good luck on their next steps of this never ending journey we call life. 

The Holly Spirit • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Holly Spirit
$400
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Holly Spirit Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *