RV earns recognition as third best public high school in Burlington County

The website Niche.com announced the “A” rating for RV yesterday

Isaiah Dupree, Managing Editor

Rancocas Valley Regional High School was recently acknowledged as the third best public high school in Burlington County by Niche, a nationwide high school ranking and review company.

Niche based its ranking on surveys conducted among the student body, analysis of test scores, the success of RV alums in college and data from the U.S. Department of Education. RV was given an overall “A” grade, with “A+”s in the sports and extracurricular categories. RV was also ranked the second most diverse high school in Burlington County, the school with the second best teaching staff in Burlington County, and the fourth best school for athletes in Burlington County, as well as being ranked in the top two percentile nationwide as one of the best schools in America for student athletes (ranked 490th out of 25,861 schools). 

Statewide, RV ranked in the top sixth percentile for athletics, in the top 10th percentile for diversity and in the top 20th percentile for quality of teaching staff. 

It gives me great pride as the building leader to hear this great news,” said Principal Martin via email. “As the principal, I always steer from ‘the good-to-great’ mindset, a must for any organization in my opinion. I love our students and I work with an amazing faculty. Together we are achieving great things!

RV recently finalized much of its “Vision 2020” strategic plan in an effort to better meet the needs of students in the 21st century. Many recent changes, including the “One-to-World” program, the foundation of extracurricular groups and increased support for athletics have been cited as reasons why RV gained such momentum.