Best local takeout options to keep your stomach full

RV’s sending districts best take-out options

Main+Street+in+Mt+Holly+is+full+of+some+of+the+best+local+restaurants+

Main Street in Mt Holly is full of some of the best local restaurants

Mkenna Wimberly, Student Life Writer

Throughout the last nine months of COVID-19, our country and community have faced many changes. Hybrid learning and statewide mandates have forced us to adapt and see the world from a new perspective. However, one thing that hasn’t changed for most is our love for, and access to, take-out. The simplicity of ordering pick-up or delivery draws many in when cooking is out of the question. 

As always, Fridays are pizza days. Within the five sending districts of RV, there are many options for a good slice (or two) of pizza. Located on Main Street in Downtown Mount Holly is a local favorite, Downtown Pizza and Grill. Downtown serves a variety of specialty pies, as well as classic Italian dishes. Further down the street is La Vita’s Pizzeria, also well known for their pizzas and American cuisines. 

“I like La Vita’s aesthetic, but Downtown has better options, portions, and tastes. ” says Kyle Wright, a senior at RV. Wright mentioned his love for pizza, pasta, and carbs, one of the main reasons he orders their food multiple times a month. 

Downtown Mount Holly is filled with other locally owned businesses and restaurants, such as Vincent’s, Robin’s Nest, Kitchen 87, and more. Robin’s Nest is currently offering take-out and delivery through Uber Eats, while Kitchen 87 has dine-in options, as well as take-out. Vincent’s offers sweet treats throughout the summer months and occasionally opens during the winter for holiday flavored ice creams.

On days when pizza seems less than appetizing, hoagies are at an abundance in New Jersey. 537 Subs, located in Eastampton, sells hoagies and sandwiches, all of which are customizable. Many enjoy 537 Subs, not only for their delicious sandwiches but for their excellent customer service and friendly environment. The family-owned shop quickly replies to online orders and serves fresh ingredients for take-out. An all-time favorite of theirs is the Classic Italian hoagie, filled with provolone, ham, cappy ham, pepperoni, and salami.

Around the corner in Eastampton is another favorite, John and Molly’s. John and Molly’s makes an assortment of traditional American foods. It’s the perfect place to stop in for a juicy burger or massive salad. Similar to John and Molly’s is Dunleavy’s. Dunleavy’s is located on Route 38 in Hainesport and also sells delicious burgers and finger food. 

“Dunleavy’s has an atmosphere that radiates friendliness and a sense of welcoming,” said junior Leila Johnson. “Not to mention, it’s family owned, which makes it a nice place to order from and support.” Few argue with Leila, leaving tons of positive five-star reviews on Yelp.

For those who love seafood, a new restaurant in Lumberton recently opened in June. Crab Du Jour sells various seafood such as shrimp, lobster, and crab. They offer freshly caught seafood boiled by the pound, as well as prepared meals and baskets. 

During the pandemic, take-out options have been sparse as many businesses have been forcibly closed. When looking for your next take-out meal, look to and support your local businesses and restaurants.